Music City Nashville Recommendations
Nashville is a bustling city with a lot to offer visitors. Below you’ll find my music city Nashville recommendations for at least a long weekend, but I know you’ll be ready to go back for more!
Here are five reasons why you should add it to your travel list:
1. The music scene. Nashville is known as the Music City, and for good reason. Whether you enjoy country, rock, or pop, you can find live music performances every night of the week. There are also dozens of music festivals throughout the year, including the world-famous CMA Music Festival.
2. The food. Nashville is home to some of the best southern cooking in the country. From comfort food to gourmet fare, there’s something for everyone’s taste buds. Be sure to try the hot chicken!
3. The history. Nashville is rich in history, from its early days as a frontier settlement to its role as a key city during the Civil War. There are dozens of museums and historic sites to explore, including the Parthenon and Belle Meade Plantation.
4. The outdoors. Nashville may be landlocked, but that doesn’t mean there’s no opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors. The city has plenty of parks and green spaces, plus access to rivers and lakes for fishing, swimming, and kayaking.
5. The shopping. If you love to shop, you’ll find plenty of places to spend your hard-earned cash in Nashville. In addition to the usual retail suspects, there are also several boutiques and art galleries worth checking out.
All in all, you will have an amazing time in Nashville and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a weekend getaway. If you want to follow my future travel adventures, make sure to pop over to Instagram and say hello! I’d love to hear where you are heading to next. You can also see other trips like this one to Charleston (here).